- May 5, 2017Charles Persing has been elected to a three year term beginning 6/1/17 to 5/30/20 to NACVA (National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts) Ethics Oversight Board (EOB).
The EOB is charged with the monitoring of NACVA’s membership with regards to ethical and professional Standards. The EOB’s responsibilities include creating policies for educating, monitoring, and enforcing compliance. The EOB’s duties also include facilitating awareness and enhancing the membership’s understanding of NACVA’s Standards, and when necessary, investigating and determining whether a member or members have violated NACVA’s Standards.
- April 17, 2017Ed Bond named to Global M&A Network’s Restructuring & Turnaround Professionals’ 5th Annual Top 100 A-List.
The list comprises the industry’s most accomplished professionals from the restructuring and insolvency communities including sought-after turnaround consultants, influential investment bankers and attorneys. Bederson’s Ed Bond is one of 25 turnaround consultants named to the list. According to the Global M&A Network, “Beyond acknowledging the accomplished professional, significantly, inclusion in the list, validates the firm-wide team, expertise as well as the firm’s preeminent status in the industry.”
For more information and the complete list, read here: https://globalmanetwork.com/top100-turnaround-professionals/#
- February 25, 2017On January 30, 2017 M&A Advisor announced its 11th Annual Turnaround Award Winners. Bederson was named to the Chapter 11 Reorganization (Over $25MM to $100MM) Award Category for its work on EZ Mailing Services. Awards will be presented at a Black Tie Gala on Thursday, March 23, 2017 at the Colony Hotel in Palm Beach Florida.
About the Reorganization
EZ Worldwide Express and United Business Freight Forwarders who work with retail giants Forever 21, H&M, the Disney Store, Amazon and Phillips Van Heusen filed for bankruptcy at the beginning of 2016 and faced what appeared to be insurmountable challenges. The companies had 700 employees, over 300 trucks and approximately 13 locations. Combined, both companies had 55 million in unprofitable revenues. The bankruptcy caused the companies to close on three Debtor in possession financing packages with three different lenders. Working together with Porzio Bromberg & Newman, Bederson LLP’s Ed Bond serving as CRO and Sean Raquet serving as crisis manager, the company emerged a streamlined business with approximately 350 employees, 5 locations, 150 trucks and 40 million in revenue.
About M&A Advisor
The M&A Advisor was founded in 1998 to offer insights and intelligence on M&A activities. Over the past nineteen years, the organization has established a premier global network of M&A, Turnaround and Finance professionals. Today, they have the privilege of presenting, recognizing the achievements of, and facilitating connections between the industry’s top performers throughout the world with a comprehensive range of services.
- April 12, 2016Charles Persing presented at an Essex County Bar Asso. CLE on How to Using Accountants and Valuation Experts Effectively in Estate Planning. The seminar will be held at the Essex County Veterans Courthouse , 50 West Market Street, Room 714, Newark, NJ. The CLE is titled, NJ (Not so) Basic Estate Administration & Planning. Other panelists include Honorable Theodore N. Stephens, II, Essex County Surrogate; Susan Dromsky-Reed, Esq. of Brach Eichler, Denice P. Gilchrist, Esq. and Moderator, Michael Rankin, Esq. of Kozyra & Hartz LLC.
- November 1, 2015
- September 1, 2015Sep. New Jersey Business Magazine On ACA Employer Mandate
- June 16, 2015“Responding to Emerging Fraud Issues” at Brooklake Country Club with Sean Callagy of Callagy Law
- March 30, 2015
- January 23, 2015
- November 1, 2014
- July 1, 2014
- September 1, 2013White Collar Criminals are Hiding Behind the Numbers – Commerce Magazine – September 2013
- January 1, 2013Bederson voted Best of 2013 by the readers of the New Jersey Law Journal in 3 categories: Best Business Accounting Firm, Best Forensic Accounting Firm and Best Litigation Accounting Firm.
- December 11, 2012Bederson Day
- November 28, 2012NJICLE seminar, Emerging Ethical Issues in Tax Practice 2012
- November 27, 2012New Jersey Law Journal sponsored In-house Counsel CLE seminar
- November 16, 2012NJSCPA Pay it Forward Program
- May 23, 20128th Annual Accountant/CPA Bowl-a-Thon benefitting Junior Achievement of New Jersey
- May 17, 2012Own it Ventures Franchise Webinar, Franchisers are From Mars, Franchisees are From Venus
- May 1, 2012Essex County’s Excellence – NJ Business, May 2012
- April 1, 2012New Jersey Private Schools for Students with Disabilities Face Many Financial Challenges – Commerce, April 2012
- April 1, 2012Financial Challenges Faced by Hospitals in New Jersey – Commerce Magazine
- December 1, 2011Business Boot Camp for Nonprofits: CPAs Get Their Financials in Order – Commerce, December 2011
- November 17, 2011Ethics and Other Professional Issues in Tax Practice
- November 1, 2011Navigating Industry-Specific Challenges: Niche Practices Create Financial Success and Growth – Commerce, November 2011
- November 1, 2011Residency Tax Planning for High-Net-Worth Individuals – New Jersey CPA, November 2011
- October 6, 2011Bederson Names Toni Klimowicz, CPA, Partner – Commerce and Industry Association of New Jersey, Oct. 6, 2011
- October 1, 2011Getting a True Picture of Financial Well-Being: Healthcare Clients Turn to CPAs for Answers – Commerce Magazine, Oct. 2011
- September 29, 2011Accounting Firms Deliver Superior Performance with Niche Practices and Specialized Expertise – Commerce Magazine
- September 1, 2011Discounts on Embedded Capital Gains for Real Estate – New Jersey CPA, Sept. 2011
- September 1, 2011Caught by CPAs and Cuffed by Law Enforcement, White Collar Crooks Can’t Outrun Honest Math – Commerce Magazine, Sept. 2011
- August 1, 2011Personalized, Hands-on Service Is the Key for Dunkin Donuts Franchisees at Bederson & Company – DD Independent Franchise Owners, Aug. 2011
- July 1, 2011Managing Partners Roundtable – Commerce Magazine
- July 1, 2011Comic Books are a Serious Business – Commerce Magazine – July 2011
- May 1, 2011Accounting Firm’s Managing Partners Roundtable – Commerce Magazine, May 2011
- April 1, 2011How Bederson Helped a Construction Client with a Sales and Use Tax Audit – Commerce Magazine
- March 11, 2011Analysis Urges Changes in Financial Reporting Standards – NJBIZ, March 11, 2011
- March 1, 2011Tax Credits for Alternative Energy – Commerce Magazine, March 2011
- March 1, 2011How Bederson Helped a Healthcare Client with a Buy-out Challenge – Commerce Magazine, March 2011
- February 9, 2011New IRS Program Aims at Offshore Tax Cheats – NJBIZ, February 9, 2011
- February 1, 2011
- January 1, 2011Nonprofits Get Good Advice from CPA and Law Firms – Commerce Magazine
- January 1, 20112011 Accounting Firm Managing Partners Roundtable Pg. 40 (Commerce Magazine)
- September 1, 2010
- August 2, 2010Uncertainty Surrounds Financial Reform Package – NJBIZ, Aug. 2, 2010
- March 10, 2010Legal Aid for Children in Cases of Abuse, Neglect – NJBIZ, March 8, 2010
- March 1, 2010Do What is Necessary to Bring in Donations – NJBIZ – March 2010
- March 1, 2010Accounting Professionals Often Have the Rx for the Financial Challenges that Tax Healthcare Clients – Commerce Magazine, March 2010
- March 1, 2010It’s Not All Fun and Games for CPAs Except in the Breakroom – NJBIZ – March 2010
- January 1, 2010
- January 1, 2010IRS Voluntary Disclosure Program: A Critical View (Commerce Magazine)
- January 1, 2010Non-disclosed Overseas Accounts, Assets and Incomes Being Targeted in New IRS Operation Pg. 14-16 (Commerce Magazine)
- September 29, 2009Trends in the Food and Beverage Industry – Commerce Magazine
- September 29, 2009New IRS Program Aims at Offshore Tax Cheats (NJBIZ)
- September 29, 2009Compliance With Offshore Tax Program is Painful, But Better Than the penalty-New Jesery Law Journal
- September 1, 2009Improve Profitability and Liquidity – Enterprise Magazine, Sept. 2009
- September 1, 2009Helping Non-profits See a Better Way to Do Business – Commerce Magazine
- September 1, 2009