Charles N. Persing, CPA/CFF, CIRA, CVA, CFE
Chuck is part of the Insolvency and Litigation Support Services Division of Bederson. His practice includes representation of Chapter 7 Trustees and Creditor’s Committees, performing valuations and handling commercial disputes and serving as a Receiver. As the firm’s representative, he is an AGN Business Valuations and Litigation Group core team leader.
Prior to his work at Bederson, Chuck provided a range of financial consulting and accounting services in his roles with public and private companies and public accounting. He spent four years with a regional accounting and consulting firm as director in its litigation support group where he specialized in complex litigation cases and valuation matters.
Chuck held a senior position with a publicly traded company during its Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 proceedings where he assisted the company in many aspects of the bankruptcy proceedings. During the last two of those years, his efforts were spent providing extensive litigation support in various matters for the Chapter 7 trustee, including a successful $320 million preference and contract dispute adversary action.
Additional experience also includes Corporate Development and M&A assignments for a publicly traded Telecommunications Company, where he dealt extensively with troubled investments and contract dispute resolution.
Chuck held a 14-year tenure in the radio and media industry in various financial and operational capacities providing M&A, financing and post-acquisition restructuring services. He also spent four years with a Philadelphia-based regional public accounting firm where he provided accounting and management services to numerous companies in the entertainment, media and nonprofit industries.
Chuck has earned several professional certifications including CPA/CFF (Certified Public Accountant/Certified in Financial Forensics), CIRA (Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor), CVA (Certified Valuation Analyst) and CFE (Certified Forensic Examiner). He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA), the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) and the Turnaround Management Association. In addition to his corporate financial experience, Chuck is also an experienced food service franchise owner.
Chuck has served as a volunteer and Director for the Support Center for Child Advocates. The center provides legal assistance and social service advocacy for abused and neglected children in Philadelphia County. One of the most successful volunteer models serving children in the country, Child Advocates has trained more than 3,500 attorneys who contribute pro bono services valued at more than $3.5 million annually.
Chuck earned a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in Accounting from Drexel University.
He and his family reside in Middlesex County.
Education & Certifications
- B.A. in Business Administration and Accounting, Drexel University
- CPA/CFF (Certified Public Accountant/Certified in Financial Forensics) NJ & PA
- CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner)
- CIRA (Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor)
- CVA (Certified Valuation Analyst)
- Business Valuation and Testimony
- Insolvency and Reorganization
- Forensic Accounting
- Turnaround Consulting
- Litigation Services
- Support Center for Child Advocates – Distinguished Advocate, 2015
- Business Valuations and Litigation Group Core Team Leader – Bederson representative to AGN (international association of leading, independent, separate accounting firms)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors – 2016 Conference co-Chair
- NACVA (National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts) – Ethics Oversight Board (EOB) Member 2017-2020
- Turnaround Management Association
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
Selected Bankruptcy Advisory Expertise
- Chapter 11
- Sno Mountain LP
- Estate of Joseph Grasso
- Chapter 7
- Affirmative Insurance Holdings, Inc.
- Brooks Provisions LLC
- Dan River Holdings LLC
- Good Enterprises LTD
- Estate of Joseph Grasso
- Pennysaver USA
- Pure Weight Loss
- Winstar Communications
- Worley and Obetz Inc.
- A-1 Specialized Services and Supplies, Inc.
- MAIREE Precious Metals – Operations Consultant to Receiver
Select News Articles, Publications and Presentations
- Estate Administration and Planning – Essex County Bar Association CLE
- Due Diligence Before Purchasing a Business – Northeast Franchise Business Expo
- Ethics in Cyber Security published in second quarter NACVA Association Newsletter