Edward P. Bond, CPA, CFE, CIRA
Ed Bond has been a significant part of Bederson’s history and success for more than 40 years and has served as Managing Partner and Chairman. He oversees a department specializing in bankruptcy and forensic accounting and has been involved with hundreds of bankruptcy cases during his tenure.
Mr. Bond has earned a leadership position in the business and financial community, including serving two years as president of the New Jersey State Board of Accountancy. He was president of a member brokerage firm of the New York and American Stock Exchanges. He was elected sole public member of the Nominating Committee of the American Stock Exchange Board of Governors.
He has served as a court appointed mediator, responsible person, receiver, umpire, fiscal agent, arbitrator and has acted (along with Bederson) as the bankruptcy and financial consultant to the Futures Representatives in the asbestos bankruptcies of G-1 Holdings, Federal-Mogul, NARCO, A.P. Green (Global Industrial Technologies, Inc.), and AcandS. Mr. Bond served as the Future Claimants’ representative in State Insulation Corp’s asbestos-related bankruptcy.
In April 2013, he was appointed independent managing director in the Oak Rock Financial bankruptcy matter. In 2016, Mr. Bond was appointed CRO for EZ Mailing Services, Inc. et als. and in 2017, he was appointed Plan Administrator. He was appointed to the board of directors of the reorganized (Chapter 11) Pittsburgh Corning Corporation and Pittsburgh Corning Europe.
Mr. Bond is included in the Register of Mediators of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey. He is treasurer, executive committee and board member of East Orange General Hospital; member of Maplewood Country Club’s board of directors and has served on the Daughters of Israel board of directors. He also serves on the board of directors for Dots, LLC. retail stores and Big M (Mandee and Annie Sez).
He has participated as an expert witness in a moot court proceeding at Seton Hall University and presented on forensic accounting to students at Fairleigh Dickinson University. He served on a committee with Judge Moore and then Assistant U.S. Trustee Novalyn Winfield to evaluate the role of examiner in the District. He has testified as an expert witness and served as an examiner appointed by the office of the U.S. Trustee. He has acted as Trustee for numerous matters including the successful Chapter 11 reorganization of Dr. Madis Laboratories (100% cash plus interest to all creditors – secured and unsecured).
Mr. Bond is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute and the National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees. He is a licensed Certified Insolvency and Reorganization Accountant (CIRA) and Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE). He has been a featured seminar speaker for organizations including the New Jersey Panel of Bankruptcy Trustees and the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education. He has authored many articles including “Anatomy of a Successful Turnaround in Chapter 11” which was published by Turnaround & Workouts Magazine.
Mr. Bond was honored by The Valerie Fund at its 2013 Annual Thanksgiving Ball for the integral role he played in its development serving as treasurer, vice president and member of the board. Named “Outstanding Young Man of America,” Mr. Bond served as trustee for the PAL Boys’ Club; president of the Newark Jaycees and treasurer of the State of New Jersey Jaycees. At the request of President Richard Nixon, he served as the State Citizens’ Chairman of the Small Business Administration (SBA). He is past president of the Garden State Cancer Center Foundation, past board member and chairman of the Audit Committee for “The Scholarship Fund For Inner-City Children” and has served as treasurer of the Ruth Bass Foundation.
Mr. Bond attended New York University and was named to the Dean’s List. He received a B.S. Degree in accounting from Seton Hall University.
He and his wife reside in Morris County.
Education & Certifications
- New York University
- B.S. Accounting, Seton Hall University – Dean’s List
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
- CIRA (Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor)
- CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner)
- Fiduciary Services
- Forensic accounting
- Insolvency and reorganization
- Litigation Services
- Turnaround consulting
Board of Directors Membership
- Daughters of Israel
- Dots, LLC, retail stores
- Big M (Mandee and Annie Sez)
- East Orange General Hospital (Executive Committee, Treasurer)
- Federal Mogul
- Love Culture
- Maplewood Country Club
- Mountain Creek Resorts
- Munire Furniture
- Oak Rock Financial Services
- Pittsburgh Corning Corporation
- Pittsburgh Corning Europe
- PSL Limited
- Short Bark Industries
- The Scholarship Fund for Inner-City Children (Chairman, Audit Committee)
Bankruptcy and Financial Consultant to the Futures Representative
- A.P Green (Global Industrial Technologies, Inc.)
- G-1 Holdings
- Pittsburgh Corning
Liquidating Trustee or Accountants to the Liquidating Trustee - NY/NJ/DE
- PNG Ventures
- CMDL Corporation Liquidating Trust
- Maxide/DMX Creditors Liquidation Trust
- Mal Dunn Liquidation Trust
- Marcal Paper Claims and D&O Liquidating Trusts
- Passaic Beth Israel Hospital Liquidating Trust
- PT1 Communications, Inc.
Fiduciary and other Appointments
- Independent Director – MRPC Christiana LLC
- Independent Director – Voyager Learning
- Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey
- CRO & Plan Administrator for EZ Mailing Services, Inc. et als
- Future Claimant’s Representative- State Insulation Corp bankruptcy
- Independent Managing Director, Oak Rock Financial bankruptcy
- Registrar of Mediators of the United States Bankruptcy Court
- NJCPA (New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants)
- ABI (American Bankruptcy Institute)
- AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants)
- NABT (National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees)
- AIRA (Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors)
- ACFE (Association of Certified Fraud Examiners)
- The Valerie Fund -2013 Thanksgiving Ball Honoree
- PAL Boys’ Club – Outstanding Young Man of America
- Global M&A Network’s Restructuring & Turnaround’s 5th Annual Top 100 A-List – 2017
- Lifetime Leadership Award – Global TMA’s 10th Annual Turnaround Atlas Awards -2018