Charles S. Lunden, CPA/CFF, ABV, CFE, CMA, CLU, FLMI, CGMA
Chuck is responsible for forensic accounting and economic consulting at Bederson. He has provided expert testimony in more than 115 cases and routinely provides consultations on damage measurement, personal injury and wrongful death studies, business valuations, and accountants’ malpractice.
Chuck has extensive expertise in bankruptcy and reorganizations, fraud investigations, insurance disputes, healthcare fraud and abuse, as well as measuring damages for new and unestablished businesses. He also has experience in intellectual property disputes, construction delay damage cases, merger and acquisition disputes, lender liability issues and employment disputes.
Chuck’s professional credentials include: CPA (Certified Public Accountant) in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (Past Chairman, Forensic and Litigation services committee; Member, Valuation Committee, Committee on Fiscal Responsibility, and Executive Committee, Philadelphia Chapter); CMA (Certified Management Accountant); CLU (Chartered Life Underwriter); FLMI (Fellow of the Life Management Institute); CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner); ABV (Accredited in Business Valuations); CGMA (Chartered Global Management Accountant); CFF (Certified in Financial Forensics); and Member of the Editorial Board of the National Litigation Consultants’ Review.
He has authored dozens of scholarly articles for publications including: PICPA Journal, NJCPA Magazine, National Litigation Consultants’ Review, The Value Examiner, NJBIZ, Commerce Magazine and more. He is a frequent conference speaker and has presented to organizations including PICPA, AGN, AIRA, Eastern Association of County Auditors and Controllers, Single County Authority Fiscal Officers Associations and the Montgomery County Bar Association.
Chuck has a B.S. in Economics from the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business. He graduated with honors and is a member of the Beta Alpha Psi, the Accounting Major’s Honor Society.
Chuck and his family reside in Chester County, Pennsylvania.
Education & Certifications
- B.S. Economics, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business – with honors
- Beta Alpha Psi, Accounting Honor Society
- CPA/CFF (Certified Public Accountant/Certified in Financial Forensics)
- CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner)
- CIRA (Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor)
- ABV (Accredited in Business Valuations)
- CMA (Certified Management Accountant)
- CGMA (Chartered Global Management Accountant)
- CLU (Chartered Life Underwriter)
- FLMI (Fellow, Life Management Institute)
- Business Valuation and Testimony
- Insolvency and Reorganization
- Forensic Accounting
- Turnaround Consulting
- Litigation Services
PICPA (Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants) – Chairman, Business Valuations Committee 2017
AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants)
ACFE (Association of Certified Fraud Examiners)
AIRA (Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors)
IMA (Institute of Management Accountants)
- How To Value Entities with Complex Capital Structures – CPA Magazine
- Tips For Law Firms in Transition – New Jersey Business Magazine
- To Cite or Not To Cite, Techniques for Reports in Federal Estate Reports – NACVA Quick Read Website
- Discounts on Embedded Capital Gains for Real Estate – CPA Magazine
- Theoretical Considerations from a Practical Valuator – National Litigation Consultants’ Review
- Adjustments to IPO Studies – The Value Examiner
- Fair Value Accounting and the SEC Roundtable-Search for the Holy Grail – NJBIZ Accounting Spotlight
- Damages Case Law Update – National Litigation Consultants’ Review
- Owner’s Compensation, S Corps and Economic Damages – National Litigation Consultants’ Review
- The Discounting of Future Economic Damages, at What Rate? – National Litigation Consultants’ Review
- Caught by CPAs and Cuffed by Law Enforcement, White Collar Crooks Can’t Outrun Honest Math – Commerce Magazine