Sean Raquet, CPA, CFE
Sean is a member of Bederson’s Insolvency and Litigation Services Department which specializes in bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, forensic accounting and other litigation services.
He has extensive experience in forensic accounting and working with clients in industries such as healthcare, retail, restaurants, professional services, not for profit, manufacturing and lending institutions.
His bankruptcy experience includes providing financial and related advisory services to Chapter 11, Chapter 7 and Liquidating Trustees, unsecured creditors’ committees and debtors-in-possession including fraud investigations leading to recovery of assets. He served as crisis manager in the EZ Mailing Services, et. al bankruptcy case which earned the firm a number of awards in 2017 including one from The M&A advisor as Chapter 11 Reorganization (Over $25MM to $100MM) of the Year.
Many of Sean’s forensic investigations have included significant involvement with the Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigation Division, the Postal Inspector’s Office and the Office of the United States District Attorney. One engagement included reviewing and analyzing lease agreements by and between the Housing Authority of the City of Newark and Devils Arena Entertainment LLC and the Redevelopment Agreement by and between the Housing Authority and Devils Renaissance Development LLC.
His litigation work involves matters including court-appointed monitoring and overseeing companies on behalf of fiscal agents and receivers. He has been retained to assist in cases including the defense of accounting malpractice clients, shareholder, partner, matrimonial and member disputes and fraud investigations.
Sean served as president of the New Jersey Chapter of the ACFE (Association of Certified Fraud Examiners) from 2016-2017. He is a member of the AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants) and the NJCPA (New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants), where he served on the Political Action Committee Board of Trustees. He also serves as a Newark Regional Business Partnership Ambassador. He is frequently seen in New Jersey business publications such as NJBIZ, New Jersey Business, NJCPA and Commerce Magazine for his work on forensic and bankruptcy matters.
Sean earned a B.S. degree from The College of New Jersey and graduated magna cum laude.
He and his family reside in Morris County
Education & Certifications
- B.S. in Accounting, The College of New Jersey – magna cum laude
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant in the State of New Jersey)
- CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner)
- Insolvency and Reorganization
- Forensic Accounting
- Turnaround Consulting
- Litigation Services
- Accounting and Business Advisory
Select Bankruptcy Advisory Expertise
- Chapter 11 and 7 Trustees
- Unsecured Creditors’ Committees
- Crisis Manager
- Liquidating Trustees
- Debtors in Possession
- Bankruptcy Trustees
- Unsecured Creditors’ Committees
- Litigation Counsel
- Privately-owned Businesses
- Court-appointed Monitor and Overseer on behalf of fiscal agents and receivers
- Defense in accounting malpractice, shareholder, partner, and member disputes
- Fraud investigations
- NJCPA (New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants)
- AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants)
- ACFE (Association of Certified Fraud Examiners)- Immediate Past President, New Jersey Chapter 2016-2017.